Well, I finally got my wish by having the St. Louis area dumped with snow, 8” – 10” inches to be exact. We hit the open, snowy road at 9a.m. and cruised at 30 – 45 mph until Bloomington where we picked up Kelli’s sister, Meg. The roads were slick and we saw a dozen tractor trailers off the side of the road and just as many cars/trucks. I started to skid twice before putting the Z71 in 4HI mode. No problems to report after that.[PROMO]: Before I go further I have to say the Garmin GPS I borrowed from my mom is a must if traveling via vehicle. This made travel almost seamless, minus our side task of picking up Meg. However even in this event it recalculated the route and had us back on our way. It is also very accurate when projecting the arrival time, +- 3 minutes. If you don’t have one and travel, get one.
We got to Devils Head at 5:40pm. Our trip there took 8hr 40min of which we traveled 7 hours. Allie slept basically the entire 7 hours, bless her heart. Once we checked we immediately hit the slopes.
[PROMO]: Devils Head is a great place. If you book over the phone you can get your rooms, which include dinner and breakfast tickets as well as lift tickets for your duration. However you must purchase your equipment rental separately once you arrive. We didn’t know this and neither did a lot of the workers so we spent about 20 minutes walking around in our gear, sweating, trying to figure this out.Skiing felt great! We learned from some of the locals that this was the best skiing it had been all year despite it being rained on early in the week. They were surprised but evidently a snow fall after the rain helped tremendously.
We had dinner at 10pm and her brothers and I decided to not party it up that night so we could get a fresh start tomorrow morning. Ok we were on vacation so we had two pitchers of beer, amongst 5 people though.

No comments:
Post a Comment