Kelli and I went to the annual Mount Pleasant Winery with her SLU friends. It was a good time as usual, minus being slightly chilly and a rainy day. Unfortunately, it’s all outdoors. There were two occasions to celebrate. Kelli’s friend Lisa’s 30th Birthday, and Kelli being able to finally partake in alcoholic beverages since giving birth.
.JPG)
While there two incidents happened. One a guy was cold cocked a couple times and dropped immediately to the pavement and bled everywhere. The cops chased the guy who threw the first and only punches tackling him and causing him to bleed every where as well. When the guy who was cold cocked came to, he evidently looked around at the blood on the ground and said "Hey, Who got beat up?" An ambulance took him away.
Towards the end of the wine day, a guy in our group pointed on a morning sports radio personality on the AM dial. It was Brian McKenna from 590AM The Fan. He was alone for a while just watching everyone, so I went over and said hi. We chatted for a while until his wife came and got him, but he struck me as surprisingly very nice. Maybe not surprising, but some people could get full of themselves if they reach any sort of celebrity status. He did not.
.JPG)
So when we go to leave my wife is no where to be found. It turned out she and some of other SLU friends were off talking to these guys throwing a football. Evidently, she was trying to talk the guys into getting together with one of her friends. Kelli’s efforts were futile. We finally get Kelli into the car to leave and had to pull over once when she thought she was going to yak. We got back to where we meet another couple to carpool and I got her back in our vehicle and headed for her parents to pick up Allie. Kelli, obviously passes out.
When I get to her parents, Kelli stirs and looks at me sort of squinting. I said "Hey, I’m going to run in and get Allie. Just stay here and relax." I run in get Allie, tell her mom Kelli’s just sleeping when she inquires why Kelli didn’t come in, load Allie up and head for home. Kelli then looks at me and said "When you said you were getting Allie, I was thinking wait,...how did I get in our vehicle. So how did I get in our vehicle?"
I’ll spare the details of the pump and dump efforts that ensued, but yep, my wife blacked out on her first return social drinking outing and sadly she probably had less then ¾ of a wine bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment