Deer hunting in the heat is not the best of plans. The way it works now is go when I can, not when I want. It's an insignificant drawbacks to having a family. Luckily Bow hunting lasts until end of December in Illinois so their will be many more opportunities, and I can write this trip off as a scouting trip.7 a.m. It's 75F and muggy in October. In the woods, it's 72F, muggy and mosquito's are very abundant. I kept swatting them which moving around isn't good because deer will see you. I couldn't put spray on because their sense of smell is outstanding so I had nothing but dirt smell on which left welts on my neck, face, ears, and hands. At one time I had 8 mosquito's just on my legs. In fact, I feel like they are on my just typing this.
9 a.m. Forget about it, it's too hot, I probably saw 4 deer who all watched me twitching around.
Despite they aggravation it really is neat to see deer more through the woods, with little to no noise.

No comments:
Post a Comment