Friday, October 12, 2007

Gone Hunting,…but not today.

My plan was to get to work early, so I could leave early and go Bow Hunting for the evening hunt. I get into Freeburg which was 10 miles from work and about 20 miles to where I was going. I’m on the phone with Kelli and as she’s telling me that Allie rolled over twice that afternoon, (at the age of 7 weeks), my vehicle starts sputtering like something is wrong with the gas.

Long story short I call Kelli’s dad, who towed my a couple driveways passed where my truck died to an automotive shop. They hooked up diagnostics but in the end they took out a mallet and banged on my fuel tank. Truck starts right away, and alas we have our culprit. I need a new fuel pump. Since it’s end of day Friday they wouldn’t be able to fix it until Monday, but was nice to let me know it would cost $760.


No hunting, and I now needed to wait for Kelli to pick me up, but Kelli’s dad did know how to numb the pain but doing some last minute odds and ends on their farm as we polished off a few beers. Her family rocks!

What was most odd about all of this, I didn’t get pissed once and stayed calm the entire time which is very unlike me.

No comments: