Co-Worker Story:
At work the new theory is to outline work benches, tool drawer's tools, chair's, etc. in yellow tape. Trash cans get Red Tape. Oh, one guy had to have a picture of his kid on his work bench yellow taped. Yellow tape is everywhere in our plant, but primarily production. Thought is this well help to keep everything in place because production is repetitive and shouldn't change and will help if someone new comes in or workers swap stations. I'm in Engineering, and we don't have yellow tape since we constantly change products to test, re-evaluate, re-engineer, and more or less operate under a permanent state of crises. (Don't get me wrong, we do have down time.)
No yellow tape that is until now. Since none of Engineering (Boss's included)feels the need to put yellow tape down the "Powers at Be" had two production workers come into our Lab put some down around the benches and outline the lab kind of half assed so when the CEO comes through all labs look uniform and has yellow tape somewhere on the floor...whatever.
One of the workers is from Cambodia. After lunch I came into the lab and he came up and said "What do you think, man?" in his broken Cambodian English. I looked at him and saw this. Starting from middle of his lip straight across all the way to the edge of his mouth was what looked like a thick white and blue string that was rolled up and stuck there. Only one problem it was also shinny. As he got closer I immediately turned around, grabbed a shop towel and said "Here wipe your face."
"Why, do I have ink on my face?" As he positioned his head so the item in question was ever closer. (Note: I work with Industrial Printers, i.e. ink could have been on his face.)
"No just wipe!" I repeated.
"Ok." he said and did as instructed. Looking down at the towel and back up at me he proclaimed, "It's snot!"
ughhh.
King Pin Lawn Service
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment