Monday, March 09, 2009

Carpool #8: More Then Meets the Eye

I was on my way to work today. The area of interest is a couple miles stretch with nothing but fields on either side.
It was in this area that I saw a flash of light that my brain first registered as the yellow flashing light on a garbage truck, since I had seen one earlier in the morning because today was our trash day. I looked around confused for the source of the light. Nothing.


A second later, I saw another flash of light except this time it looked more like lightning or more of a white light. I thought how odd that first flash was but then thought, well it is supposed to rain today so I thought nothing then of the flashing lights.


A few seconds more time had passed and now I am away from the area the flash’s first occurred. I looked in my mirror and see sparks shooting up and showering down to the ground as a transformer is getting cooked in vast changing array of bright colors. Now it all makes sense. Still, it’s definitely a weird way to start Monday.

No comments: