Sunday, July 15, 2007

Touring Cyclist Biathlon

I completed the 4.5Mile Run and 23Mile Bike race today.

4.5M Run = 0:36:17 for a 8:27 Pace
23M Bike = 1:21:26 for a 16.9 MPH Pace
Total Time = 1:57:43


This did not get started on the right note. I showed up late and was putting up my bike as the lady was counting down “5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!” I started my watch put the rest of my gear by my bike did one attempt to touch my toes stretch and started running to the start line. I officially started in dead last.

I’ve never done this race before but found it was a very hill course and provided a formidable challenge that I will hopefully do next year. At a few points the hills got so steep I thought my legs were going to explode both on the run and bike. I ended up finishing 62 of 119.

Not great, not bad, but all in a days work.

No comments: