Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Carpool-4

Kelli and I carpooled again today. We have our last and final Baby Class tonight, “Baby Care and Parenting” after work.

So on our way to my work, it occurred to me Kelli was supposed to pay our tax guy for our taxes from April. She hadn’t in 3 months so I did. However, since her farm stuff drug our taxes way down and we weren’t getting a return I told her this was her responsibility.

“Kelli, you owe me money”, I said.
“For what?”
“Taxes that I had to pay for you.”
“Oh.” she shrugged, “How much do I owe you?”
“$100”
She then digs into her purse, pulls out her wallet, she rummages through and finally hands me a $100 Bill. “There. Are we even?”

I looked at her quizzically as this is not a normal routine to have $100 bill just whipped on a whim for us. “What? You said a hundred, right?” she asked

“I guess,” with a confused and scared look as I stuff the $100 into my pocket to bring my total money count I have on me to $101.15.

It just goes to show, I never know what will happen carpooling with Kelli.