At 2:30 a.m. last night, or rather this morning, this horn starts blaring outside our house. It startled me and my wife, but stayed on solid for 1 minute before fading out.
Kelli mentioned how weird that was. I suspected someone left there windows open and the rain or moisture was causing a short. No biggie, things happen.
Fast forward to 3:30 a.m. The Horn returns except stays on for 5 minutes. I should mention we do not have our AC on yet, so this noise is ridiculous. I go to the window and realize it's my next door neighbors convertible Miata. Rather then call the cops like other neighbors do rather then kindly talking to a neighbor like an adult, I went over and knocked on the door. Nothing. Knock again, Nothing. No dogs barking. I figured they must be gone, and walked to the car and tapped the horn. Aghh, sweet relief, no Horn.
Fast Forward to 4:15 a.m. The Horn returns for a brief 15 seconds and fades away.
Fast Forward to 4:30 a.m. The Horn returns I again throw on sandals and a shirt. There other car was there so evidently this family is heavy sleepers, so I did the Police Knock (really a pound). Dog barks now, the guy comes to the Door and I catch him up, he apologizes. I leave.
Fast Forward to 4:45 a.m. The guy and his wife our outside trying to figure out the horn and probably wipe off the wet seats, there talking, vehicle running, and porch light is disturbing. hmmm. This is proving to be a rough sleep.
Fast Forward to 5:05 a.m. My wife’s first of 3 alarms for her to get up at 6:00 a.m. goes off. I cut my losses, shower and go to work and am there by 6:15 a.m.
Moral of the story. I considered it training the incoming baby in Aug '07, however I really could do without the training.
Tim
King Pin Lawn Service
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment