Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome.....snakes?

Welcome all the my blog.

First, and foremost, I encourage you to visit "theshirtgirl" blog page, found under "LINKS". Good stuff their. However, if you would like to continue reading my blog.....I applaud your courage.

I'll start off with my favorite recent story I experienced with my beautiful, pregnant wife.

We are sound asleep at 1 am( I know because I wound up looking). So we were asleep, when suddenly my wife sits up propping herself on her elbow's and breathing very heavily she shrieks, "There is a snake hanging from the ceiling!!!!"

Rather alarmed I awoke and said the first thing that came to mind. "What?!"

She said again "There is a snake hanging from the ceiling". At this moment I crack an eyelid open to look up at the ceiling. In my head I thought ' Crap how am I going to get a snake down? What if this sucker is huge?....Wait there is nothing for the snake to hang from on our ceiling. This concept of a snake hanging is slightly ridiculous and probably false'. So I looked in her direction and calmly reassured her, "It's okay, there are no snakes go back to bed."

She lays back down, and then I say softly "Don't worry, if we did have snakes they would be in your clothes on the floor."

(Thud) I catch an elbow to my side for that "not" so funny joke. But what is funny is we talked about this a few days later and she did not realize anything she said that night. Oddly though, she did remember elbowing me for the clothes comment but couldn't figure out why I was talking about he clothes and snakes. It all makes sense now.....kind of.

No comments: