Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Last night I was fortunate enough to score Blues Tickets, but it gets better. The seats were against the ice on the corner next to the cameraman in the zone where the Blues attack twice.

So My friend Mike and I were enjoying the wonderful seats in the second period as the score was 1 - 0 (Blues) and he offered to get us some Beers, but he really wanted to get some Roasted Nuts. (That will be a different post). After a few minutes of him being gone, the puck comes into the zone, shoots way up into the net, and falls behind the glass.

Now, the puck lands between the Camera Man and me, or exactly where Mike was sitting. It then bounces and few times and rolls to the Camera mans feet. He just looked at me as if saying...well, when are you going to get this thing! I then heard a stampede of footsteps. Quick thinking I drop to my knees and lunge to my left and slam my hand on the puck. No challenges because Blues fans rock and are respectful.

So as Mike walked down to the seats, I had it sitting on my knee. He was disappointed, kind of. He always has Dickey Barret calling him on stage to dance to the Mighty, Mighty Bosstones while I meanwhile was blocked by security.
Oh and Blues lost 4-1 giving up all 4 goals in the 3rd. We'll get there eventually.

No comments: