Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Nov 4th - A Big Deal

I would like to explain why Nov 4th was a big deal this year. I stayed home with Allie because we did not have a babysitter this particular day. It was a beautiful day in Historic Leclair.


Allie and I set out around 9am to do our public service and vote, technically she didn't vote, and on the way back we stopped and played in the gravel on the trail. Oh this gravel is fun. We'll call it "2ft of fun" because every 2ft we have to stop to play in the new gravel. Since we had no more obligations for the remainder of the day we took our time and played as much as we wanted.



Once we made it back home we swung for a while which is always a good time. Allie still has quandaries about walking into yard from the concrete especially now that there is fallen leaves. As long as she holds my hand she is fine to walk in the yard. Once she gets in the swing though, the higher the better!




After an action packed swinging, we set out to investigate the remaining flowers before the official "Cool Weather" hits and turns them brown. We even savored their last remaining scent,...they smelled like nothing at all to be quiet honest. However every time she leaned into the flower to put her nose near it, Allie would go "Mmmmmm."



So that was our day and it was a big deal. In fact, it took a 2.5 hour nap to recover. I used it to study for a Business Math test, unfortunately I wore myself out as well and fell asleep on my book for an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to spend that time with Allie!